Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems - Space - TS/SCI Required in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This Systems Engineering position is an engineering support role in National Security Space programs within the Tactical Space Systems Division at Northrop Grumman located in Colorado Springs, CO. The National Security Space (NSS) programs include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
• Perform technical planning and analyses at all levels of total system product to include: Concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• The Systems Engineer ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• The role will include functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
• Successful candidates must be able to interface with clients, as well as interact regularly with internal engineering associates and program management.
This position may be performed at a level 3 or level 4 engineer depending on the qualifications, skills, and experience of the candidate.
• Systems Engineer 3 - Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience.
• Systems Engineer 4 - Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• US Citizenship with and active or current Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Systems Engineering Principles (i.e. requirements, scope, cost, text and execution)
• Systems Engineering experience
• Strong technical background in orbital mechanics/astrodynamics
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/tools: Python, Java, C/C+• Experience with a space development program
• Experience presenting to customers
• Experience working with a cross-discipline team
• Desired experience includes one or more of the following: mission system requirements, verification/validation planning, mission planning/execution, mission analysis, modeling/simulation, system trade studies, and expertise with various engineering tools such as MATLAB, STK, and similar tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering