Northrop Grumman Principal Software Developer/Integrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking Principal Software Developer/Integrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support the Command & Control Ballistic Missile Communications (C2BMC) program in Colorado Springs, CO at Schriever AFB. Occasional travel will be required for this position including support to installation and checkout at customer sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows HW platforms from the OS up to the C2BMC developed applications.
• Installation and configuration of COTS products like jBOSS and EnterpriseDB.
• Set up automation scripts to automatically deploy custom and COTS applications
• Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
• Develop installation scripts to automate the system installation.
• Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
• Coordinate execution of SW integration tests to verify system operation.
• Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during software integration.
• Submit problem reports for errors found.
• Responsible for implementing all Information Assurance directives on the systems to include running IA scans.
• Task and coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members.
• A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 Years' relevant work experience; or 7 years' relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
• Must have previous experience in the development of complex software and/or integration of separate software components into a single system.
• Must be able to write clear, concise system installation and configuration instructions.
• Strong technical skills in the following are required:
o Software Development with Java
o Experience setting up and configuring COTS products like jBoss and EnterpriseDB
o Experience with developing/modifying automated build and deployment pipelines
o Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
o Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
o Experience with VMWare systems administration and installing.
o Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
o Experience with PowerShell/Bash/Korn scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
o Use of Git Version Control System
• An active Secret clearance or higher
• Hands on experience with DoD integration processes, Agile and DevOps methodologies and automated test tools.
• Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code
• Familiarity with Java and object oriented development.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change.
• Knowledge/expertise in the C2BMC concept of operations and user interface would be a strong plus
• Experience writing installation manuals.
• Experience with VM Horizon View a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology