Northrop Grumman Principal Scrum Master in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Scrum Master to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the NG COSP site, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modification of Radar Sensors (SMORS) program. This position will work as a Scrum Master supporting the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS).
Through the role of an Agile Scrum Master, the selected candidate will lead software and hardware development teams in their adoption of Agile practices. The selected candidate will work with the customer to gather requirements and implement best practices to establish program level SAFe Agile engineering and management principles and processes. Understanding the Northrop Grumman Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) will be essential, along with the responsibility to help grow and mature this NG branded capability.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
• Lead the efforts of developing Scaled Agile engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
• Conduct Scrum Team training, product backlog and retrospective training, Lean Agile development training.
• Support a range of technical disciplines from software engineering to hardware to cyber to testing automation on a Scrum Team.
• Facilitate daily Scrum meetings and regular ceremonies.
• Collect and analyze related metrics for trends and indicators, facilitate iteration/increment planning, provide Agile coaching and mentoring at all levels within the organization.
• Lead the iterative solution lifecycle from executable architecture to maintenance, including: concept development, iterative design, production, delivery and deployment.
• Have an understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Regular interaction with the customer.
• Position may require up to 25% travel.
• Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related discipline from an accredited college.
• 5 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Experience as a Scrum Master (or similar relatable experience - i.e. Certified Scrum Practitioner, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Interim Secret security clearance required on day one.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
• Background in software development or software development management.
• Knowledge of System Engineering principles and requirements management.
• Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology.
• Experience with transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile methods and practices.
• Certification in one or more of these designations is desired: Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum at Scale Practitioner, Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Trainer, and Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government environments.
• Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders.
• End-to-end Agile Engineering practices including value stream or Scrum or Extreme Programming within software, infrastructure, hardware, and operational environments.
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Salary Range: $92,000-$138,000
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology