Northrop Grumman GBSD - Principal Network Engineer - Network Development and Deployment in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position can be filled in Colorado Springs, CO or Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
Successful candidate will support the development and deployment of the Launch Guidance and Command network. Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing technical support for computers and associated networks for a large classified government contract
• Implementing and maintaining operations of the LAN/WAN, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Installing/configuring/maintaining routers, switches and firewalls.
• Implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
• The ability to support multiple networks and ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed.
• Providing regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short/long-range planning for systems.
• Recommending and implementing system/process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Creating and ensuring that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Developing and documenting technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interacting and troubleshooting issues with vendors; evaluating vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhering/reporting to Information Systems security guidelines.
• Completing paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Following all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Working with Security personnel to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Reviewing trouble ticket queues to identify issues that need to be addressed. Working through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolving tickets within established SLAs and raising issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establishing and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Exhibiting good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
•Bachelor's degree within and minimum 5 years of experience with a Bachelor degree or 3 years of experience with a Master's degree; experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
•Experience providing technical support for computers and associated networks for a large classified government contract
•Experience implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security
•Knowledge of software/systems lifecycles
•Experience with version control software
•Active Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years with ability to obtain TS clearance
•Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining network hardware in an enterprise environment
•Windows domain architecture experience
•Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
•Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
•Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design
•Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (e.g., WireShark, OpNet, etc.)
•IP addressing design and subnets
•Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets
•Knowledge of government grade encryption gear.
Salary Range Min $83,600
Salary Range Max $125,400
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology