Northrop Grumman Quality Systems Assistant 2 in Clearfield, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Quality System Assistant 2 to join our team at our Clearfield facility in Clearfield, Utah.
A Quality System Assistant assures production hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements, follows procedures, and facilitates meetings to ensure customer acceptance and accuracy. Reviews manufacturing records to ensure compliance to engineering and configuration requirements. The Quality System Assistant will prepare reports and analyze data to support manufacturing review and investigations and provide operational support as necessary for business success.
Successful candidate will be highly organized, have strong computer and communication skills. Investigation, problem solving capabilities and attention to detail are critical traits.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; A.S. degree preferred
• 2-4 years manufacturing experience in aerospace, defense or related industry is preferred.
• Candidate must have good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, ePIC & CostPoint is a plus.
• Excels in a team environment
• Aptitude for learning procedures and making sure work is performed to procedural requirements.
• Self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• Ability to work under limited supervision and tight deadlines
• Ability to recognize off nominal situations and to speak up
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds
• Ability to sit/stand for up to 9 hours each day. 9/80 schedule
• Frequent typing, repetitive wrist motion, up to 9 hours each day
• Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed
• Work with individuals at all levels including management, peers, and outside customers
• Candidate must demonstrate understanding of quality functions and requirements, including engineering drawing, configuration management.
• Ability to understand configuration/engineering requirements.
• Experience with material review board (MRB) processes and handling of product nonconformance.
• Decision making skills based on policy, experience, company heritage business process and customer requirements.
• Be able to understand, dissect and data mine configuration engineering and as built data.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, adheres to written procedures, and experience with AS9100 requirements, standards, and compliance issues.
• The ideal candidate will also have a basic understanding of PES (lean) and Continuous Improvement.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance