At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking Manufacturing Technicians to work with our Case Value Stream Operations team . This position will be hired and working in our Clearfield Freeport Center with the anticipation that the position will be transferred to report out of our Copper Crossing location in Salt Lake City once we have opened that facility in late 2024-early 2025.
Role description & Responsibilities:
A Manufacturing Technician performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing of composite rocket cases. Tasks may include but are not limited to Tooling/Assembly/Disassembly, Case Surface Preparation, and winding composite equipment operation.
Maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and scheduling of their team.
This is a weekend night shift position. Overtime is worked as necessary.
• Must be willing to perform shift work and work on weekends and holidays as needed
• Must be willing to work overtime as required
• Must possess a valid state driver's license
• Required to perform safe handling of hazardous waste materials for disposal.
• Possess ability to understand and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties.
• Safe handling of equipment and materials in a manufacturing environment
• Operating industrial equipment such as bridge cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Able to monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process control and design specifications.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.).
• Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
• Perform basic math and measurement functions
Experience Requirements for a Level 2:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years of related Composite or Mechanical work experience
• Ability to weigh material for mixing process.
• Ability to work with resins and carbon fiber.
• Ability to work with chemical cleaning process such as an industrial degreaser.
• Ability to work with aluminum oxide cloth.
Experience Requirements for a Level 3:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 4 years of related Composite or Mechanical work experience
• Prefer Associates degree or Technical Certificate related to composite material
• Ability to start and end helicals and hoops, following planning requirements.
• Able to continuously monitor machinery to ensure winding is completed according to established planning and procedures.
Salary Range: $42,000 - $70,000
Salary Range 2: $49,900 - $83,100
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.