Northrop Grumman HVAC Mechanic 3 in Clearfield, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced HVAC Technician to provide Maintenance support to our Clearfield Maintenance team at our Clearfield, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The HVAC technician installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations. He or she performs periodic inspection to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions; conducts maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment; charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant; checks and tests for leaks; sets and adjusts controls and regulators; fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork; overhauls equipment. May be required to service, modify, and maintain centralized HVAC computer systems and make program corrections. May be required to install and maintain high-technology clean room environments. May be required to perform safe handling and/or places hazardous waste materials (recovered Freon, oil, glycol, acidic coil cleaners) in proper containers for later disposal by appropriately trained employees. May be required to work shift work, including 12 hr shifts with a rotating schedule, nights, weekends, holidays
• High School diploma/GED
• 4+ years of experience working in a manufacturing industry as a HVAC Technician and/or Service Technician
• HVAC Certifications
• Cleaning of expansion coils and of condenser coils and troubleshooting and making repairs to electrical/Electronic circuits.
• Refrigeration system Troubleshooting.
• Experience working on electronically controlled valve systems to pneumatic controlled multi-zoned air handlers.
• Knowledge of centrifugal and screw chillers
• Steam heat exchangers for hot water loop systems and experience with steam coils.
• Industrial Ventilation
• Install and Maintenance of industrial refrigeration equipment and computer climate control systems.
• Welding and leak checking with an electronic leak detector, evacuating with the use of a micron gage and charging of the unit.
• Electrical Wiring including low voltage.
• Understanding Maximo CMMS is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate