Northrop Grumman Facilities Engineering 2 in Clearfield, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently recruiting for a Facilities Engineer 2 to join our team at the Clearfield, Utah location.
This position plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other activities related to facilities. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Learning the details of currently implemented control system hardware and software for automated machines.
• Supporting production in using the machines and facilities and integrating upgrades as needed.
• Assisting maintenance personnel as needed when troubleshooting the equipment.
• Participating in R&D efforts to improve system capabilities and bring new ideas into projects.
• Overseeing and directing day-to-day efforts of tradesmen during machine build activities.
• Strictly follows and adheres to departmental procedures and protocols
• Works with vendors to ensure successful fabrication of machines, spares, repairs and systems
• Maintains documentation related to machine and systems design, fabrication and proofing
• Provides estimates for new equipment and systems
• Some travel to fabrication vendors and other Northrop Grumman facilities required
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience or Masters Degree.
Position may be filled at one level higher requiring BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience or 3 years of experience with MS.
• AutoCAD Drafting ability
• Ability to read drawings and understand drafting standards
• Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design
• Check design deliverables in accordance with ANSI, ASME, API, and other industry codes/standards.
• Develop schedules, work assignments and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with other engineers and craftsman assigned to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results
• Providing detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation
• Preparing specifications for the procurement of pumps, heat exchangers, valves, compressors, tanks, cranes, and other miscellaneous of plant equipment.
• Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability and functionality.
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal guidance and with a sense of urgency
• Ability to be trained and a willingness to work with others in a team environment
• Experience with project management including budget, schedule and technical
• Experience with design, fabrication and installation of equipment and systems for large structures, rocket composite parts and assemblies preferred
• Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
• Leadership ability.
• Technical attention to detail.
• Drive and motivation to be proactive in problem solving and continuous improvement
• Electro Mechanical background
• Servo equipment
• PLC Systems
• Industrial Safety Systems (ANSI 811 and/or IS013849)
• Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatics, Heating (Electrical, Boiler)
• Knowledge of current Safety Standards used in Automation Control. This includes motion, laser scanner, light curtains
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate