Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer RF Microwave Design 5 in Chantilly, Virginia
The SIGINT Technology Center (STC) is where Technology and Teamwork come together to meet the unique needs of the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. The qualified applicant will join a technical team which supports STC programs ranging from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads and data link development to OCONUS/CONUS mission/maintenance support. STC work includes system design, engineering development, system integration, hands-on build and test, field operations and maintenance, training, and production.
The engineer in this position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the design and integration of complex electronic systems into air and ground platforms. Responsibilities include RF system design and analysis, LRU testing, trouble-shooting, problem reporting and root cause analysis & resolution. The ideal candidate will also gather customer feedback and participate in design reviews and system documentation as necessary in support of new system designs. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and a multi-disciplined design team to ensure mission success.
The primary NGC work location is in Chantilly, VA. Occasional travel to other CONUS customer sites and test areas will be required.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 14 years of hands on hardware and system design, integration and testing experience, or a Master's degree with a minimum of 12 years of experience.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
• RF System modeling and cascade analysis experience.
• Radio design, analysis, and verification testing experience.
• RF System firmware design, development, test experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of communications theory (standard interface protocols, networking, SATCOM, data links, cellular, etc.)
• Ability to debug C/C++ and bash/python scripts at a high level.
• UAV/Aircraft Integration and Testing .
• Experience in the operations and maintenance of SIGINT/Geolocation systems.
• Network Architecture Design/Development.
• Record of mentorship of junior engineers and knowledge transfer.
• Interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel.
• Documenting systems design, systems analysis, system interface design, and systems integration.
• Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong interdisciplinary problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering