Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineering and Integration professional to support an IT infrastructure network consolidation program in Chantilly, VA.
The new team member will be responsible for CAN/LAN Network Engineering and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. A Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include; concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications.
The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
• Translate customer requirements/needs into CAN/LAN and Network solutions followed by high-level/low-level design according to portfolio offering guidelines.
• Regularly supports the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical architecture solution to the customer. Provides a key support role in operating as a conducive high performance team across all lifecycle stages.
• Performs/Conducts the transition/transformation from existing to new CAN/LAN network design solutions
• Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems.
• Provides technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to strategy moving forward.
• Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
• Supports knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes knowledge to job family community.
Basic Qualifications for a level 4 are a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology field and 9 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Must have an active TS/SCI clearance based on current SSBI (within 5 years) with a Polygraph.
· Familiarity with enterprise networking solutions, campus area networks, local area networks, and network controlled interface systems.
· Experience with COTS System Integration and Test activities.
· Experience with Baseline Control Management processes/procedures.
· Must be compliant with DoD 8570 certification requirements.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio).
Familiarity with Windows, and/or Linux operating systems.
Familiarity with ClearQuest, ClearCase, and SharePoint, or related applications.
Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
Ability to work at a within a multi-contractor (badgeless) team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology