Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 - TS/SCI w/poly required in Chantilly, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Intelligence Mission Solutions Operating Unit within the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit in the Cyber & Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is looking for an experienced manager to lead a multi-faceted program providing data analytics, data management, data science, training. The selected candidate must have a comprehensive knowledge of program management standards, policies, and guidelines. Candidate must have a successful track record in leading programs with successful, quantified business results. Candidate should possess a broad background with a varying portfolio of experiences including software development, analysis, operations and services. The selected individual must be able to interact with and influence executive level management and communicate effectively with both oral and written presentations. The Mgr Programs 2 role will be located in Chantilly, VA.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
• The Program Manager will be responsible for managing a program of data lifecycle support to the customer.
• Oversight of 50+ FTE, multiple subcontractors, including tracking program performance to department goals including revenue, margin, awards, and participating in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
• Developing a strategic roadmap to integrate with the department / OU strategy and positioning the organization for growth.
• Leading business development efforts to expand current programs and capture of new programs.
• Mentoring staff.
• Provide overall team leadership to include fostering engagement activities for all staff.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
•Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
•Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
•Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
•Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
•Measuring and reporting program performance
•Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
•Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
•Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
•Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
•Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
•Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
•Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
•Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
•Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
•Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
•Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
•Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
•Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
•Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience required.
• Minimum of 10 years' program management experience within the Intelligence Community.
• Technical resource planning, staffing, and resource management.
• Project planning and control, scheduling, and budget forecasting.
• Experience/knowledge in Intel contracting.
• Experience leading mid-large size teams.
• Awareness of business and financial reporting processes.
• Ability to operate independently with limited supervision.
• Effective written, interpersonal, facilitation and oral communication skills.
• Experience in Microsoft productivity software applications: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project.
• Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required-Full Scope Poly required.
• Proficiency in business and financial reporting.
• Proven record working in an agile acquisition environment dealing with dynamic requirements.
• Ability to grasp complex issues, independently formulate analysis and proposed solutions, lead people, manage complex
activities, manage risks and opportunities, brief issues and represent the company well to the customer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management