Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 - SIGINT Technology Center in Chantilly, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Missions Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 2 to support the SIGINT
Technology Center. The SIGINT Technology Center (STC) is where technology and teamwork come together to meet
the unique needs of the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. The STC is comprised of multiple mission focused programs with projects ranging from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payload and data link development to OCONUS/CONUS mission/maintenance support. STC tasks include system design, engineering development, system
integration, hands-on build and test, field operations and maintenance, training, and production.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all
technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual
will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development)
through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost,
schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of
proposals and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary
internal and external sub-organizations
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical
Measuring and reporting program performance
Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones,
and key terms and conditions
Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule
control methodologies and tools
Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board
Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years' or Masters and 8 years' experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and
• Top Secret/SCI Clearance required
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead,
integrated program team or cost account manager
• Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical
performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with
• Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates
commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers.
Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations
• Experience supporting USG SOCOM Customers and programs
• Experience supporting and managing teams that regularly deploy to OCONUS locations
• The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work
required and only the work required is performed.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies
risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and
opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program
requirements within organizational constraints.
• The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem
resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program
information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management