Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Engineer Systems- Minotaur Program in Chandler, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman ISpace Systems is currently seeking and experienced Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the Minotaur Systems Engineering Team in our Chandler, AZ office.
The Sr. Principal Systems Engineer will support numerous system engineering tasks.
• The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities.
• Creates new system requirements and manages requirement changes in the Requirements Management database.
• Create and manage both original and revised specification/interface definition document and coordinate document approval through peer review and signature process.
• The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously. Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and coordinates document approval through peer review and signature process.
• Provides data and support risk management process.
• Data analysis/review
• Timeline analysis
• Interface with program management, engineering staff and external customer.
• The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
• Presents and prepares materials for presentation during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
• Regular interface with program management and engineering staff.
• Requires BS in Engineering
• Candidate must have a minimum of 9 years of related work experience with a Bachelors in Science or 7 years of experience with a Masters or 4 years of experience with a PhD.
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Ability to travel 10% is required
• Engineering experience • Strong oral and written communication skill
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering