Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 3 in Chandler, Arizona
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a PC Network Support Technician at its Chandler, AZ location. Occasional work from opportunities are available.
Primary duties include:
• Provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
• Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
• Provide client and server, hardware, and software support.
• Install, services, and repairs client and server, and installs software.
• Connect clients, servers and terminals to existing data networks.
• Instruct users in the use of hardware and networks.
• Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
• Perform basic client, server, and network software programming.
• Assist InfoSec with DFARS, CMMS compliance responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities supporting Engineering and Manufacturing Operations:
• Off-network and lab environments - setup, maintenance, compliance and vulnerability remediation; support client and server domain migration.
• Engineering and Manufacturing system support - setup, maintenance, troubleshoot, compliance and vulnerability remediation.
• Setup and configure rack mount workstations.
• Server application support.
• Engineering application support - install, configure, and troubleshoot engineering applications.
• Network data port activation and testing.
• Plus other duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience
• Demonstrated understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. (General knowledge of other related disciplines)
• Experienced with providing technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
• Subject matter expert in Windows OS.
• Expertise in client and server hardware.
• Experience with engineering applications.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and time-sensitive mission critical needs.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance
•Experience supporting manufacturing operations, hardware, software, etc.
• Experience with PowerShell.
• Deployment of non-standard client and server images.
• Certifications: MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, Security• Ability to work independently; appropriately escalate issues and roadblocks to leadership.
• Superior customer service and service delivery. Maintains composure in difficult situations, with challenging customers
• Demonstrates personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
• Masters unfamiliar information, tasks, and situations quickly and effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Familiarity with DFARS and NIST InfoSec controls.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology