Northrop Grumman Mgr, Project Management 1 in Chandler, Arizona
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Manager, Project Management 1, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidate for this role will oversee teams including the Production Scheduling and Control team. This position will be located in Chandler, AZ.
In addition to managing the Production Scheduling and Control team, the position manages operations projects and collaborates with functional as well as program leadership to resolve complex issues in a timely manner. The scope of the role includes management of staff, key performance measures of manufacturing work cells, and operations project management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee production schedules and coordination of material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Develop forecasts and long range planning for equipment
• Recruit, mentor, develop, and lead a team of individual contributors through their daily activities
• Coordinate and communicate engineering change to downstream functions and develops work-around plans and scenarios as required to minimize negative cost and schedule impact to supply chain and manufacturing operations.
• Project Management responsibility of various projects requiring oversight of multi-disciplined project teams.
• Oversees As-Built Configuration Reporting for multiple programs in accordance with government / customer requirements
• Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
Basic Qualifications: The position requires a Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management