At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is searching for a Manager of Programs, M2, to join the Program Engineering Management team within Launch Vehicles business unit located in Chandler, AZ.
You report to the Advanced Programs (AP) Chief Engineer as Deputy Chief Engineer and work in concert with AP Program Management team. In the role of Deputy Chief Engineer, you join a staff of Chief Engineers and Program Engineering Managers that support program execution of ongoing development activities, production, flight operations, and new business capture. You support the AP Chief Engineer with technical oversight of multiple programs. You will co-lead the development and execution of technical reviews. You will partner with Program PEMs and Chief Engineers to achieve efficient, effective, and innovative engineering solutions. You will ensure subsystem and supporting technology development achieves program success and look for opportunities to leverage common design and products.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
This position supports the Advanced Programs Chief Engineer as a Deputy and supports the AP Program Manager. You are responsible for the successful technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs in accordance with Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
• Help all AP programs achieve 100% mission success.
• Support Program Management team with broad technical experience and down-and-in technical guidance to support PEMs and product specific chief engineers.
• Maintain working relationships with the Customer, providing timely communication and engaging to resolve technical questions posed by the Customer.
• Guide teams preparing for flight operations with rapid review of change engineering.
• Deliver quick and thorough resolution of non-conformances and other challenges that might arise, including leading failure investigations and presentation of findings to internal and customer review boards.
• Act as a motive force to implement prioritized Digital Transformation efforts as directed by the LV business unit.
• Bring mature engineering leadership to the coordination and performance of internal reviews like ERB, CCB, IFRR and design reviews.
• Ensure coordination between programs on common technical issues and strategic initiatives.
• Support Flight operations as Program CE at offsite locations.
• Ensure that designs and hardware builds meet all internal and Customer requirements, especially across engineering discipline boundaries. Provide justification and adjudicate through proper boards any deviations or waivers to such requirements.
• Perform other duties, as necessary, commensurate with the role of Targets Program Chief Engineer.
This position requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree plus 9 years of related experience; Masters degree plus 7 years of related experience.
Lead Advanced Programs to 100% mission success.
Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years directly related experience in technical leadership of projects related to research and/or product development in more than one engineering discipline.
U.S. Citizenship is requiredCandidate must have an Interim Top Secret or Active Top Secret security clearance
Ability to Travel Occasionally (6-8 trips/year)
Position located in Chandler, AZ and requires 100% on-site support.
Experience with direct internal communication as well as interfacing with external customers.
Demonstrated verbal and written communication excellence with customers and all levels of management.
Exceptional leader of a multi-disciplined team
Thorough understanding of design standards.
Ability to work under limited supervision and complete projects on time and on budget.
Multi-disciplinary engineering experience -or- system engineering experience
Perform other duties, as necessary, commensurate with the role of Chief Engineer.
Candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Experience with missile systems including field operations.
Salary Range: $127,700 - $191,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs