Northrop Grumman Principal Reliability Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a (Reliability Engineer) to work in our Facilities, Maintenance, Transportation and Tooling group at the Promontory, Utah facility near Corrinne, Utah. The incumbent will also work in Magna, UT and Clearfield, UT.
Description & Responsibilities:
• Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
• Recommends design of test methods and statistical process controls/procedures for product reliability.
• Completes and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics.
• Investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
• Ensures correctives measures taken meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
• May develop mathematical methods to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
• As necessary, processes changes in design or formulations to improve systems and/or process reliability.
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
Competencies for Success: Experience in reliability engineering, configuration management, statistical process controls, etc. to build a critical asset management that ties in to capital reinvestment and planning.
• Bachelor's degree in reliability engineering or a related engineering discipline or Statistics
• Minimum 5+ years of related work experience, or 3 years with Masters degree.
Engineering experienced coupled with configuration management practicum, program management, acquisition planning and execution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering