Northrop Grumman Principal Production Planner/Scheduler in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Production Planner/Scheduler at our offices in Promontory, UT.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for creating, integrating, and coordinating Master Production Schedules in support of both Program and Value Stream needs.
• Prepare, issue, and control all program needs for the Value Stream on one integrated Master Production Schedule (MPS)
• Understand product movement, and be able to capacity/load level at a resource level.
• Status schedules in Primavera
• Advise management and Master Program Scheduler of production status and escalate problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed
• Coordinate with other internal departments to ensure the movement of parts are synced
• Work with support functions to ensure supporting documents are available before production
• Coordinate product movement across the Value Stream
• Manage top level schedule dates in Costpoint MRP system
• Broad understanding of manufacturing and supply chain management
• Strong knowledge of scheduling standards and best practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with abilities to interface with multiple organizations at all levels
BA/BS in Supply Chain Management or Production Management with 6 years of experience. 4 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
Active Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain that clearance
Experienced and proficient in scheduling software using Primavera®, MS Project, or equivalent
Demonstrated experience building and maintaining Master Production Schedule (MPS) or Integrated Program Schedules (IMS)
Familiarity with Program/Project Management
Working knowledge of manufacturing, procurement, quality basics, engineering flows
Proficient using MS Office Suite
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning and ERP/MRP systems
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Personal drive for process improvements
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others
Knowledge and applicable experience of lean principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management