Northrop Grumman Operations Site Manager 1 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Operations Site Manager 1 to provide leadership to our Nozzle Value Stream, machining operations team at our Promontory, Utah plant.
The Operations Manager will work under the guidance of the Sr. Operations Manager and use long range planning methods, tools and facilities in the execution to meet multiple Customer requirements. The successful candidate will work with a group of talented Technical and Operational Team Supervisors in coordinating the day to day activities of Operations Employees, in processing and assembling precision steel forgings and composite/rubber phenolic materials to exacting engineered requirements. The process includes, machining of Aerospace flight and manned flight components, strategic DOD components, critical process tooling, and composite winding and tape wrapping of phenolic materials as well as rubber formulations.
• Demonstrated track record for developing and maintaining a strong Safety record both
personally and as a leader. This criteria is the top priority/requirement for this position
• Creates and sustains a culture of respect and employee engagement
• Accountable for short and long range planning for a broad array of requirements, to
• Efficiently assigns machinist and operators resources to meet both Customer and
• Creates and maintains a cross functional and agile team of machinists and operators.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a collaborative environment for the benefit of its
employees and the corporation
• Knows how to implement and effectively execute lean manufacturing techniques and
Philosophies to foster and drive a culture of continuous improvement, with
Demonstrated year over year Key Performance Indicator (KPI) improvements
Job Category : Program Management