Northrop Grumman Manager, Project Management 2 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Project Management Manager 2 to work in our Facilities, Maintenance, Transportation and Tooling group at the Promontory Utah campus near Corrinne, the Bacchus campus near Magna, and the Clearfield campus. The incumbent will also work in Magna, UT and Clearfield, UT.
Description & responsibilities:
• Incumbent will lead a multi-disciplinary team in business related matters supporting facilities, maintenance, tooling, and transportation that enhance the Value Streams at all 3 campuses.
• Business projects include critical asset management, capital expenditures, asset forecasting, predictive maintenance, etc.
• Incumbent reports directly to the Director of Facilities, Maintenance, Transportation, and Tooling.
Competencies for Success:
• Must be skilled in project/program management, data analytics, understanding of regulations and guidance affected by corporate policy and other regulations including environmental operations and transportation of energetic assets.
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business related field
• 10 years of leadership experience
• 5 years' experience in project/program management
• Understanding of data analytics and ability to transfer into actionable results
• Master's degree in Business related field, support of Propulsion/Space/Nuclear weapons.
• Understanding of regulations and guidance affected by corporate policy and other regulations including environmental operations and transportation of energetic assets
• Must be detail oriented and possess ability to understand data and
• Ability to work well in a team environment, have strong interpersonal skills, and have a positive attitude
• Strong background in finance and familiarity with EVM
• Knowledge of Project Management principles and experience utilizing them professionally
• Ability to be responsive and agile
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees and leadership
• Experience in logistics and Maximo
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD clearance
• Ability to travel to different campuses throughout the week.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management