Northrop Grumman Engineering Manager 3 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
NG Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Manager Engineering to provide leadership to our Digital Design & Integration Organization within Science & Engineering at Propulsion Systems with duties at the Promontory (Brigham), UT and Bacchus (Magna) UT facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Manager of DD&I will report directly to the Director of Digital Thread Engineering and be responsible for overall execution of model-based designs and all associated CAD elements as well as strategy for model-based definition as a key element of the digital thread. The successful candidate must be skilled at managing direct reports and have a deep working knowledge of engineering design and release processes and tools. The candidate must also be skilled at conflict resolution and negotiation, and work closely with the design, analysis, and project engineering organizations to provide quality products and services to our customers.
• Provide leadership, direction, and management to a team of engineers, designers, and checkers working in a primarily model-based (CAD) environment with high impact to the business
• Lead the DD&I organization in the execution of tactical objectives and strategic initiatives
• Assure that the organization is properly staffed, trained, and certified to meet current and future program demands
• Work closely with program management, engineering, and manufacturing organizations to provide excellent customer support as a shared services organization
• Technical owner of modeling and drafting standards and processes across the division
• Partner with the PLM & Digital Strategy Team and the Digital Thread organization leadership in the creation and execution of strategic roadmaps for digital transformation and the model-based enterprise transformation
• Engage with functional managers, program managers, product teams, and individuals to ensure that escalated roadblocks are removed, requirements and resources are defined and adequate, and that delivered products are technically compliant to internal, program, and industry standards.
• Integrate with Program Offices and Project/Systems Engineers to ensure program commitments are understood and on-time delivery of engineering products is planned and executed.
• Develop technical excellence in the organization, build and foster teamwork, and encourage close cooperation within and across functional organizations.
• Manage multiple program priorities on engineering deliverables and effectively lead the organization in meeting and delivering to committed items
• Develop, communicate and implement vision, strategy, goals and metrics to achieve business objectives for safety, quality, customer satisfaction, schedule, cost, and continuous improvement.
• Champion company values, including safety, inclusion and diversity, standard methods, and continuous improvement
• Drive technical excellence by upholding technical standards, identifying risks, and cultivating the development of new methods, tools, and capabilities
• Formulate personnel development plans, track progress, and evaluate performance to ensure challenge and growth
• Resolve conflicting needs in customer demands within and between organizations
• Hire talented individuals to contribute to the team
• Succession planning to support employee development or transition opportunities
• Perform resource planning and forecasting to meet the priorities, schedules, and budgets of multiple projects and programs
• Support new business opportunities (proposals, scope definition, BOEs, etc.)
Job Category : Engineering