Northrop Grumman Principal Mathematician III in Boulder, Colorado
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
The Algorithms, Performance, and Analysis team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as Principal Mathematician based out of Boulder, CO .
The engineer will be responsible for researching and identifying complex, multi-disciplinary problems, breaking into components, and designing and implementing algorithm solutions. Work will include planning and executing team projects, developing work packages, developing prototypes and customer demonstrations, in addition to analyzing algorithm performance, subsystems, and interfaces. The engineer will also be expected to report status to colleagues, including customers and management.
Development is in MATLAB, Python, and C++ in a spiral development framework, using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) across multiple operating systems.
The engineer will participate in technical peer reviews and work with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of algorithm development and integration issues. The engineer must communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. The engineer will represent the organization as a technical POC and may have frequent inter-organizational and customer contacts.
This position includes:
Tool and software development using Python, MATLAB, and C/C++, in a spiral development framework
Generation of applicable documentation
Additional responsibilities which may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Mathematician:
· Bachelor's degree in STEM field and 5 years or a Masters with 3 years experience.
· Strong background in pure or applied mathematics:
o Understanding of statistical modeling (Stochastic models, Epistemic modeling/uncertainty quantification)
o Algorithm design / State estimation
o Python / MATLAB
o Data analysis (Population statistics and Trend identification)
· Breadth and depth in the application of mathematics to perform data analysis and algorithm development for military applications.
· Ability to bridge between theoretical concepts and practical implementation; performing associated trade analyses.
· Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
Experience with Linux
Ability to travel on rare occasion to Northrop Grumman and customer locations (less than 10% travel)
· PhD in Mathematics or related field with pertinent research.
· Experience working with customers within the Intelligence Community.
· Experience in signal processing, cryptanalysis, or cryptographic protocols.
· High proficiency with tools required for data analytics, modeling, simulation, and analysis.
· High potential to become a technical leader in advanced algorithm development.
· Expertise in various combinations of Numpy, Scipy, C, C++, Perl, or similar
· Familiarity with advanced cryptographic paradigms, including current and future areas of active research.
· Experience with configuration management software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Research and Sciences