Northrop Grumman Engineer Software 3 - Compiler/Linker - C/C developer in Beavercreek, Ohio
Engineer Software 3 - Compiler/Linker - C/C developer
Requisition ID: 18003712
Location(s): United States-Ohio-Beavercreek
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our team in Beavercreek, OH to contribute to an innovative and collaborative environment, supporting software development efforts on the AVIPSS program.
The selected candidate will perform modifications to open source toolsets used to perform static and dynamic analysis on binary files with the intent of determining the existence of actionable vulnerabilities within those files. The candidate will develop software in a variety of software development languages with the focus being in C, C , and Python. The candidate will be part of the development team operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The candidate will utilize their expertise with compilers and linkers to evaluate current capabilities and provide insight and recommendations in extending Open Source tools to support the binary analysis.
The preferred candidate will have experience with software reverse engineering, hardware emulation, and focus on cyber security. Will also possess the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and environments; and will have excellent written and verbal communications.
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Compiler/Linker Development experience: gcc, clang, GNU ld, gas, nasm, LLVM, etc. (Contribution to open source projects a plus)
• Deep understanding of runtime linker, jump tables, PIC/PIE, virtual dispatch, calling conventions, etc.
• Expert level C/C developer (Python experience a plus)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
• Knowledgeable in PE/ELF binary formats
• Knowledgeable with runtime security mechanisms such as ASLR/DEP/Stack Canaries
• Strong ability to read/write/analyze/debug assembly
• Thorough Knowledge of x86/x64 architecture (registers, FPU, etc.)
• Experience with Binary Software Reverse Engineering
• Experience with IDA-Pro, Hex-Rays Decompiler
• Experience with dynamic program analysis such as taint tracking, fuzzing, data flow analysis, MemorySanitizer, AddressSanitizer, etc.
• Experience with emulators such as QEMU, Valgrind, Bochs
• Experience with binary analysis software such as angr, PANDA, BAP, and bincat
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Software 3 - Compiler/Linker - C/C developer
Requisition ID: 18003712