Northrop Grumman Space Mission SEIT Lead - TS Needed in Baltimore, Maryland
The SEIT Lead role oversees the Mission Development, System Design, and Verification and Validation teams for a major national defense program. Responsibilities include:
• Lead Mission Thread Engineering by coordinating across space, bus, and ground IPTs, and with customer SMEs, to ensure mission intent is met
• Provide technical vision to develop expertise and maintain historical knowledge for each requirement through sell off, covering horizontal integration across the system (i.e. space and ground), vertical integration (i.e., segment, element, subsystem, unit), and interfaces.
• Ensure that end-to-end System performance and functionality are rigorously decomposed in requirements allocation documents (RADs) to successfully execute mission intent as described in the System specification and CONOPs
• Develop and maintain system level requirements, and coordinate system level interface traceability across IPTs
• Oversee development of Design Reference Missions and supporting verification databases
• Lead the program verification effort, including updating and maintaining the Program Verification and Validation Plan, and coordination of the System-level Verification Cross-Reference Matrix (VCRM), Verification Activity Matrix (VAM), and Verification Sell-off Ledger (VSOL) across IPTs and with the Customer
• Lead definition of mission functions and performance that cross interfaces within the Customer's Enterprise, providing feedback to customer on Enterprise products and reviews and support to Enterprise requirements and verification
• Direct the Configuration Management for the program. This includes the effort to plan and manage configuration planning, configuration change control and Engineering Review Board (ERB), configuration identification, configuration status accounting, configuration verification and audit, and the support of CDRL deliveries.
• Work with customer to plan for and execute program-level design reviews; communicate expectations for, and evaluate success of, segment and element-level design reviews.
• This role can be filled in 1 of 3 locations: (Rolling Meadows, IL, Balitmore, MD, and Redondo Beach, CA)
As a Staff Engineer Systems, you will be expected to demonstrate the following behaviors:
Knowledge, Skills and Ability - Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
Problem Solving - Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Liaison - Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Discretion/Latitude - Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
Impact - Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and effect the image of the organization technological capability
• BS degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering, or related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) degree with 14+ years (or MS and 12+ years, or PhD and 9+ years) related experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
• Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
• Active or Current Top Secret Clearance is required to be considered.
• Must have ability to obtain SCI level accesses
• Demonstrated previous Systems Engineering leadership experience on major Government Systems Acquisitions
• Advanced Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
• Excellent communication skills
• Prior leadership experience in Systems Engineering
• Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas related to EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics
• Experience in development and earned value management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
• Ability to monitor hardware and software design teams with critical insight to know when the teams are not on path to successful implementation and then be able help steer the team to a successful solution
• Agile development experience a plus
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Strong expereince in DOORS and Scripting
• Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI & polygraph is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering