Northrop Grumman Solid State Technician in Baltimore, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Solid State Technician C to join its team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Semiconductor Fabrication area. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD.
Perform a variety of technical, chemical, photographic, mask making duties with the development, processing and control of semi-conductor materials and devices.
1) Construct and process semi-conductor materials and devices under the guidance of higher classified personnel which includes the set up and operation of a variety of standard and special solid state processing equipment. This includes performing various chemical, physical, photographic and packaging processes such as deposition, evaporations and etching of materials, making adjustments based upon the knowledge of process and monitoring equipment when required. Examine processes such as bonding leads, epitaxial growth, diffusion and metallization to determine quality of process to
locate defects. Determine and discuss with engineer possible improvement in process or equipment to remedy defects.
2) Construct and wire prototype semi-conductor devices into electronic circuits working from schematics and wiring diagrams in order to functionally test the device. Perform measurements of circuitry, select and connect proper
instrumentation such as bridges, curve tracers and pulse generators and the like to obtain desired results. Some interpretation of test data may be required in terms of its validity and reliability.
3) Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using algebraic, trigonometric formulae. Prepare reports or parts of reports following established patterns, covering work assignments such as
preparing masks, operating photographic equipment and development of photographic requirements.
4) Make minor repairs and adjustments to operating instruments and laboratory equipment as required. This includes the
cleaning of quartz ware, maintaining equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
5) Modify tools and fixtures as necessary for construction and assembly of semi-conductor devices and to improve process
operations and utilization of equipment.
6) Maintain inventory of necessary materials and supply and prepare requisitions for supervisory approval.
This is a SEA Union Represented position.
This is a 2nd shift position.
High school graduate or recognized equivalent
Must possess an Associate Degree (minimum 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in a physical science or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: None.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support