Northrop Grumman RF Microwave Design Engineer 4 in Baltimore, Maryland
RF Microwave Design Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18002575
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
NGC is seeking engineers with experience in Electronic Packaging Design and Verification. The engineer will have opportunityto work in an environment that produces cutting edge products containing advanced integrated circuits and materials.
Theelectrical design engineer will support multichip module design and verification tasks in a collaborative work environment.
Tasks include: design of mixed signal packaging, development of various integrated circuits and components, EMsimulation, collaboration with mechanical and materials engineering, fabrication and assembly follow, test development
and support. The engineer will take part in higher level integration support in test range and product qualification as anexperienced contributor.
- Collaboration with System and Subsystem architect leads
- Innovative thinking to influence product roadmap development
- Creation of RF and DC budgets
- Performing trade studies
- Interface development
- Derivation of RFIC/MMIC requirements
- Sensitivity analysis
- Electrical test plans
- Data collection and analysis
- Production product support
- Customer presentations
- Leading teams
Engineer shall coordinate with mechanical design, integrated circuit design, thermal analysts, supply chain, and labtechnicians in order to execute design tasks. They will work to develop highly integrated, affordable, next generation
RF Microwave products.
Must have ability to obtain a security clearance.
Basic Qualifications for RF Microwave Design 4:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent STEM degree with 9 years of industry experience in RFMicrowave Design or a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering with 7 years of industry RF Microwave Design.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance, U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite.
Experience with the Following Design Tools and Performance Parameters:
- Electromagnetic Modeling: HFSS
-Data Programming / Manipulation Software (ie Matlab)
- Advanced Design System: ADS-Keysight- Advanced Design System: ADS-Keysight
- Schematic Creation Tools
- Noise Figure, Third Order Intercept,
- Instantaneous Bandwidth, Phase Noise
- Return Loss, Filtering techniques
-Good understanding of mixed signal printed wiring board materials and manufacturing processes is desired.
- Basic knowledge of various packaging techniques and operating environments and the design opportunities and
challenges they bring. For example, flip chip, QFN, Hermetic packaging
- Basic knowledge of various Integrated Circuit processes. For example, SiGe, GaN, GaAs, and InP.
-Experience with common RF laboratory equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters, etc. is
- Basic design knowledge of unique Space qualified products
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: RF Microwave Design Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18002575