Northrop Grumman Principal Mission Assurance Engineer/Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer - Top Secret Needed in Baltimore, Maryland
Space is an arena that is unforgiving; where first time success is paramount! Mission Assurance is a key member of the team that makes first time success a reality!
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal / Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer who brings space mission system leadership, engineering, capture, and proposal experience to a growth oriented organization. Prior experience in satellite design, development, integration, testing, operations, and/or ground support is desired. This role will leverage your knowledge of all elements of the space mission design process including initial concept development, system-level trades, requirements definition, spacecraft design, and performance assessment. Knowledge of Space, Ground, mission operations, and Launch segment inter-relationships to support quality assurance of a mission baseline is desired. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for defining the mission assurance approach and supporting payload manufacturing, spacecraft design, performance, and affordability analyses, as well as support for ground segment and O&M support.
This position is contingent on Program Award. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
• Prinicipal Engineer: Bachelors degree and 5 years of Mission Assurance or Systems Engineering (HW) experience; a MS with 3 years of experience; PhD with 0 years of experience; OR a minimum of 9 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Sr Principal Engineer: Bachelors degree and 9 years of Mission Assurance or Systems Engineering (HW) experience; a MS with 7 years of experience; PhD with 4 years of experience; OR a minimum of 13 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Active Top Secret Clearance w/ SCI access
• Experience in Mission Assurance in either HW/SW/Systems
• Experience in evaluation, trace, and analysis of requirements
• Experience in working with various elements/segments of space program performance
• Current/Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
• Systems engineering experience on complex integrated systems
• Experience on Space systems programs, such as payload, OR spacecraft bus, OR antenna, OR integration and test, launch, OR ground systems, and/or operations and maintenance activities.
• Experience on Government contracts
• Experience writing proposals
• Evidence of excellent time management, presentation, and negotiation skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering