Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in Baltimore, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' Networked Information Solutions (NIS) Division is seeking a Manager, Programs Level 2 to support the Secure Processing OU. In this position the Program Manager manages a suite of programs for multiple customers. Directs all phases of the programs to ensure successful cost, schedule and technical performance, acts as the primary customer interface for all program activities and technical discussions, and delivers program growth while leading proposal preparations and negotiations. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. The position is based in Baltimore, MD and reports to the EMD/Production Portfolio Manager.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Technical Bachelor's degree and 9 years, or technical Master's degree and 7 years of experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• 3 years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Demonstrated ability to successfully direct production programs by leading and leveraging program resources and stakeholders including getting priority for competing resources.
• Demonstrated experience leading program planning, scheduling and earned value. Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program and technical contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and respond to customer needs. Demonstrated ability to define proposal strategy, lead proposal teams, analyze and shape RFPs, produce and deliver winning proposals, effectively track and incorporate Review Team comments and findings, and manage post-proposal submittals (orals, finding responses).
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions and reviews with highly technical customers. Demonstrated ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
• Familiarity and application of NG Program Management processes and tools on programs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Mission security experience
• The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
• Experience managing production programs
• Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management