Northrop Grumman 2018 - Software & Digital Technologies - SW Engineer 2- BWI (Baltimore) in Baltimore, Maryland
2018 - Software & Digital Technologies - SW Engineer 2- BWI (Baltimore)
Requisition ID: 17020663
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission
Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). ThePDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant’s knowledge of thebusiness and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual’sgrowth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, shareexperiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives itsparticipants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest,and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software and Digital Technology Engineers for the PDP. This position will be located at ourMission Systems Sector in Maryland (specific location may be Annapolis, Baltimore, or Sykesville).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Processing Technologies department andhave theopportunity to work on multiple projects over the course of his/her rotations. Work will focus on digital design (FPGA,
ASIC, etc) and embedded software development. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focusedenvironment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers on various systems including
Electronic Warfare, Radar, Space, and International.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include real-time sensor control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, digital signalprocessing, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverseengineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development, programmable logic device (PLD, CPLD,
EPLD, FPGA) design, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, and digital & mixed signal subsystem design
- Utilizing software engineering technologies such as Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server DistributedArchitectures, Service Oriented Architectures, C/C , C#, Java, Java Enterprise Ediction, Embedded Real-timeDevelopment, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and MercuryOperating Systems
- Utilizing digital design technologies such as VHDL / Verilog Coding, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Interfaces,Advanced Verification, Modeling, and Simulation
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Master’s) from an accredited institution
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, orElectrical Engineering
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time ofapplication by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- No professional work experience required
Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Experience with model-driven engineering
- Previous internship/co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Participation and leadership in professional/community/extracurricular activities
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 - Software & Digital Technologies - SW Engineer 2- BWI (Baltimore)
Requisition ID: 17020663