Northrop Grumman Principal Software Engineer in Aurora, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer based out of Aurora.
What You'll get to Do:
We need a Java software developer who wants to work on an agile development team using a modern development stack. You will be working on mostly new development for a micro-service event driven architecture using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and AWS services. You will also be required to perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines.
Our small agile Scrum team is highly energized and has a significant software effort on a growing program with a large program impact. If this is your type of environment and you love fast paced software development, please consider joining our team.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
· For a Principal Engineer Software: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 4 years of software development experience; 3 years with a Master's; 0 years with a PhD; or 9 years of software development experience in lieu of a degree.
· Experience with Agile software development using Java and/or C++ software development in a RedHat Enterprise Linux environment
· Must have and be able to maintain TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· Experience with Bash scripting
· Knowledge of object oriented design
· Experience with supporting operational systems
· Experience with supporting distributed systems
· Experience in developing and supporting multi-threaded applications
· Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
· Experience with source control software (Git, Clearcase, etc.)
· Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
· Experience with Development IDEs (Eclipse, NetBeans)
· Experience with software build languages (Ant, Maven, Make)
· Experience with Google Protocol/Protobuf
· Experience with XML (XML Schemas, JAXB)
· Experience with AWS Development/Deployment
· Experience with JMS Servers and Clients (Apache ActiveMQ Artemis, IBM WebSphere MQ)
· Experience with NOSQL Databases (MongoDB)
· Experience with Dockerization and Container Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
· Experience with micro-service and/or event driven architectures.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering