Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Network/ Sr. Principal Engineer Network-Active TS/SCI with polygraph required in Aurora, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Network Engineer/ Sr Principal Network Engineer based out of Aurora, CO.
What you'll get to do:
• Providing technical support for computers and associated networks for a large classified government contract
• Maintaining operations of the LAN/WAN, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Installing/configuring/maintaining routers, switches and firewalls.
• Implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
• The ability to support multiple networks and ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed.
• Providing regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short/long-range planning for systems.
• Recommending and implementing system/process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Creating and ensuring that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Developing and documenting technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interacting and troubleshooting issues with vendors; evaluating vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhering/reporting to Information Systems security guidelines.
• Completing paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Following all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Working with Security personnel to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Reviewing trouble ticket queues to identify issues that need to be addressed. Working through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolving tickets within established SLAs and raising issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establishing and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Exhibiting good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
• Current Security + CE
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs
• Experience with Cisco hardware on switched networks
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal or a Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Principal Network Engineer - Bachelor's degree within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college and 5 years of relevant experience; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD. 9 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Sr Principal Network Engineer - Bachelor's degree within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college and 9 years of experience in systems integration activities or 7 years with Master's Degree; 4 years with a PhD•
Experience providing technical support for computers and associated networks for a large classified government contract
Experience implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security
Knowledge of software/systems lifecycles
Active TS/SCI with FS Poly clearance or higher (required to start)
Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining network hardware in an enterprise environment
Windows domain architecture experience
Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design
Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (e.g., WireShark, OpNet, etc.)
IP addressing design and subnets
Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets
Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES)
Principal Network Engineer
Salary Minimum: $87,780
Salary Maximum: $131,670
Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Salary Minimum: $108,864
Salary Maximum: $163,296
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology