Northrop Grumman Prncpl Web Content Administrator in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology,
systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will serve as the content manager for one or more high profile customer websites for the offices that make up the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (OCOO), ensuring that web content is planned, edited and implemented for timely updates. The applicant will be responsible for applying current agency and team standards; developing applicable documentation; communicating status to appropriate personnel; ensuring content remains updated and relevant; providing quality work; and working independently within a team environment. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Analyze existing content and newly written content for information goals, content/document format, user needs, information architecture, labeling, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
• Serve as communications point of contact between web team and Business Services Offices (BSOs) to maintain and develop a master content calendar for OCOO's home pages and other tools.
• Implement content management best practices and workflows based on analysis of the organization's business and web practices.
• Advise content owners, web team members, and clients on best practices of information-rich sites.
• Provide and review website statistics outputs (using Abode Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.) and use findings to make recommendations on site structure or provide important insight on audience behavior to inform customers of site performance and use, help guide site development, and recommend optimization actions.
• Participate in project management or web redesign, web improvements and other web projects.
• Participate in the coordination of web activities across OCOO, including ensuring all OCOO managed sites have a consistent content strategy, tagging, look and feel and similar user experience strategy.
• Prepare reports for customer management on status of adherence to annual web content review.
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Health Communications, Communications or related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience or 4 years' experience with a Master's Degree.
• 6 years of experience in electronic communications field, including content development, content analysis, and content management for high traffic, content heavy websites.
• Strong attention to detail with proven ability to work under tight and shifting deadlines.
• Experience in designing/tagging documents for Section 508 compliance.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with executive level customers.
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
• Problem solving, solution oriented, consultative mindset.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and prioritize work to customer satisfaction.
• Must be a team player and have experience working in on teams with diverse skills sets.
• Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder.
• Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Communications, Communications or related field.
• Experience with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• Experience in Public Health or Health communications.
• Experience developing website information architecture and web layout.
• Experience/understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
• Use of SharePoint (as a user).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology