Northrop Grumman Python Application Developer 3/4 (Mid - Sr. Level) Top Secret Clearance Required in Arlington, Virginia
Python Application Developer 3/4 (Mid - Sr. Level) Top Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: 18004882
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Arlington
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
• Develop procedures and documentation on the usage, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analysis tools and/or software.
• Performance testing and tuning configurations on analysis tools and/or software to support analysis of log data and up to 10Gbs of network traffic per sensor.
• Analysis tool and/or software integration into the Technical Engagement Network (TEN) kits and NCATS lab network.
• Analysis tool and/or software security hardening configurations (e.g. utilizing NIST, DISA STIGS).
• Technical documentation support for analysis tool and/or software accreditation.
• Data collection, analysis, and reporting.
• Research/identify/implement commercial or open-source technology or create/maintain in-house tools to accomplish tasks such as the following:
• Integrate commercial products
• Automate the reset, deployment, testing, and configuration of kits
• Improving the efficiency of network capture rates
• Use well-known programming and scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell, C#, etc.) for all in-house projects.
• Write and maintain technical documentation of all tools built or customized in-house.
• Use version control and/or source control for all generated source code.
• Use proper Software Development Lifecycle methodology for all development.
• Utilize a work tracking tool (based on Scrum or Kanban, for example) to manage and store issue reports.
• Identify new technologies that support the HIRT and NCATS mission.
• Conduct gap analysis and provide technical recommendations of HIRT’s operational capabilities, compared to the latest known adversary tactics and tools.
• Build and maintain a simulated customer network for the purpose of testing field kits.
• Troubleshoot/diagnose/resolve any reported issues with the equipment.
• Maintain a safe environment for performing analysis of artifacts to determine if they are malware.
• Train personnel, as necessary, on all tools and equipment used by lab environment(s).
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
This position is located in Arlington, VA
• Level 3: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, a Master’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience, or a PhD.
• Level 4: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience, a Master’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
• Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a DHS SCI and EOD.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Web API development and integration, including REST
o Data manipulation (normalization and comparison)
o VSphere suite
• Current DHS EOD
• Experience with Ansible
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Python Application Developer 3/4 (Mid - Sr. Level) Top Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: 18004882