Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer 2 in Arlington, Texas
Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18009824
Location(s): United States-Texas-Arlington
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Duties:
• Develop and maintain Certification & Accreditation (C&A) packages for information systems;
• Prepare and analyze test results for development into Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M); and
• Provide information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
Implement, operate and manage information security requirements on information technology systems and infrastructure:
• Identify security vulnerabilities and provide guidance on mitigating risks; and
• Initiate protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
Interpret security requirements and monitor security practices to ensure company and government requirements appropriately implemented:
• Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization and need-to-know and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to systems.
Investigate, analyze, and resolve moderately complex IT questions and problems:
• Conduct weekly system audits of both automated and manual audit logs;
• Perform software patch installation, antivirus updates and conduct security self-reviews;
• Ensure confirmation management for security-relevant software, hardware and firmware is maintained and documented;
• Perform evaluation and obtain authorization for new software, hardware and firmware before implementation on the system;
• Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to and that that security features and procedures are properly restored; and
• Perform system administration tasks to include desktop support and network administration functions.
Function as liaison between the IT organization and customers.
•Bachelor's Degree in Science, or other STEM discipline and 2 years of experience
•Must have 2 to 5 years experience in Cyber-related role
•Must have a Security Certification
•Must possess an active Secret Clearance
•Must be a US Citizen
•Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
•Knowledge of NIST 800-53 security standards
•Experience in system administration and desktop support
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18009824