Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Annapolis, Maryland
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an experienced Mgr, Programs 3, for DARPA programs. This position will be located in Annapolis MD.
This position is contingent upon contract award anticipated in August 2021 through October 2023 with option to November 2024 timeframe.
The DARPA Program Manager will be responsible to ensure Northrop Grumman meets all contractual and technical requirements for the program in a competitive environment. This role will operate at the Northrop Grumman Undersea Systems facility in Annapolis MD and ensure compliance with contractual provisions regarding program execution, quality, engineering, and reporting in the design development and integrated system testing of the Demonstrator vehicle. The program is in the CDR phase that will conclude in August 2021. The next phase (Phase 2) will be to complete remaining design elements and the complete build and test of the vehicle and there will be an Option for Phase 3. Northrop Grumman is the Prime/Systems Integrator with a team of subcontractors who are providing innovative solutions to the DARPA project. The successful candidate will draw upon the Northrop Grumman Undersea Systems cross-functional organization to successfully execute the program as well as the expertise of the five subcontractors. The DARPA Program Manager will continue the strong contract intimacy with the DARPA government team to support value creation strategies and actions on the program.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Oversight of cost, schedule, quality and technical performance of the programs.
• Ensuring satisfactory planning and execution of the IBR, delta CDR, TRR and FDR.
• Ensuring reporting of program performance in Internal Program Reviews and Quarterly EAC reviews and assuring on-time delivery of CDRL deliverables.
• Leading and directing the NG/subcontractor team evaluating program cost, schedule, quality and technical performance objectives
• Overseeing baseline change implementation for new Scope of Work added to the contract
• Identifying and mitigating schedule critical path issues to assure on performance of planned system tests.
• Implementing the Risk Management Plane (RMP), the Master Demonstration Plan (MDP) to provide timely and progressive evidence that the high probability of success of the in-water testing of the demonstrator vehicle.
• Continue the high level of customer intimacy and customer satisfaction between NG and the DARPA government team and the strong relationships between NG and the subcontractor team members.
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders.
• Assure compliance to all security requirements and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) requirements for all NG and subcontractor organizations.
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of related experience; Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experience
• 7 years program management experience
• Technical knowledge and experience relevant to the design and build of undersea vehicles (i.e. material considerations, ocean environments, etc)
• Prior program leadership experience as a program Prime
• Experience taking a program through the design, build, integrate, test and evaluation cycle of an undersea vehicle
• Excellent customer interface and communication skills
• Strong program control (cost/schedule) skills
• Active Secret security clearance
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Ability to travel up to 10%, primarily to Washington DC and subcontractor locations
• Program management experience in a subcontractor role
• Program management experience with DARPA
• Strong EVMS/financial analytics skills. Able to predict and identify mitigation of emerging cost/schedule issues.
• Strong schedule/critical path analysis identification and mitigation skills.
• Technical competence in undersea material selections, manufacturing and integration techniques.
• Familiarity with system At-Sea test planning and execution of vehicles.
• Familiarity with undersea propulsion, navigation and C3 technologies.
• Competence in change management with the ability to identify scope trades to avoid cost growth.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management