Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Annapolis, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mgr Programs 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Annapolis, MD.
The Undersea Systems business unit is the center of excellence for complex, unmanned systems and solutions across the maritime environment. The business unit is seeking candidates for a Program Manager, Special Defense Operating Unit (OU).
Program Manager (PM) responsibilities include day-to-day execution of a high visibility, top priority program on the NGUS campus. PM position provides the opportunity to brief high level customers and VP/GMs at Northrop Grumman. This position requires a leader who has demonstrated his/her ability to manage program execution, shape customer needs, and establish and develop existing and new customer relationships in this domain area. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for performance of the mission and success of the program's objectives, execution of program security requirements, promoting professional development of program personnel, and ensuring the rigor of program execution. Must be perceived as a thought leader by peers and the customer community.
Additional responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
· Support of the daily execution of a Special Defense program
· Conduct briefings and technical meetings for corporate management.
· Interact with equivalent-level managers concerning matters of significance to the company.
· Be a manager/leader whose decisions affect the financial, employee, or public relations perception.
· Be accountable for results that impact the performance of the mission and success of the program's objectives.
· Be responsible for the successful operation of program objectives and activities.
· Be responsible for overall program budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
· Direct and control the activities of program activities through IPT leads.
· Coordinates development and tracking of progress against integrated master schedule.
· Coordinates activities of Logistics, Production, Engineering, Test, and Supply Chain to ensure on-time and within budget delivery of mission hardware.
· Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules. Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, support, and administrative areas.
· Lead the assigned program activities supporting the program's strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product acquisition and delivery activities thereby ensuring timely and cost effective delivery, and customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor degree and 10 years of relevant complex system design/integration experience; Masters and 8 years experience.
• Eight years of experience in Program Management and/or Engineering and/or Operations Program Management
• System design experience or management of difficult efforts.
• EVMS and planning for a development system. One year of EVMS CAM experience.
• Risk and Opportunity Management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail coupled with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Travel required for vendor coordination, testing, and key meetings
• Must be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
• Good analytical skills.
• Current TS/SCI with active CI poly
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline
• Familiarity and implementation of Agile program management
• Management of business development activities using NCTA funding.
• Experience with the AOP and IF processes.
• Familiarity with maritime, undersea, or Sierra program technologies.
• 6-9 years experience in project leadership/ management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management