Northrop Grumman Technical Apprenticeship Program (Programmer) - P/T in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
This is a part-time position and is contingent on funding.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Apprentice to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in the Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD area.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering & Sciences Cyber organization. The candidate will work in an integrated team environment supporting cyber security operations and analysis research and technology application.
The candidate will research, implement and maintain information assurance and security engineering systems with requirements of business continuity, operations security, cryptography, forensics, regulatory compliance, and/or internal counter-espionage (insider threat detection and mitigation) for computer and non-computer systems. The candidate will generate/write and maintain cyber security related software computer programs. The candidate will perform unit and integration testing; System security threats and risks will be assessed and mitigated.
The successful candidate must:
a. Be enrolled or have near term plans for enrollment in a registered cyber security related Department of Labor Apprenticeship Program
b. Actively working towards completion of Certifications in A+, Network+, and Security+ The term of Apprenticeship shall be a period of reasonably continuous employment, including the probationary period. The term includes both on-the- job learning and related instruction and is expected to be one year. A wage progression will be considered upon successful performance and successful completion of the Certificate in Cybersecurity and the Certificate in Cyber Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• As an apprentice, you'll expand your knowledge and skills to develop competencies in cyber security, software development and/or testing that may include:
a. Planning, implementing, upgrading, or monitoring security measures for the protection of computers, computer networks, information and physical non-computers
b. Ensuring appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure
c. Responding to computer security vulnerabilities
d. Writing, testing, integrating and deploying cyber software related code
e. Interpreting and applying security policies
f. Developing documentation required to support research, testing, software development, technical reporting and/or training
The candidate must minimally meet each of the following:
• Successfully completed 16 week NPower training program followed by a successful technical internship at Northrop Grumman facility
• Actively working toward completion of one or more of the following certifications:
o All equivalent CompTIA Certifications in A+, Network+, and Security • Basic Linux skills and experience
• Understanding of Software Development fundamentals
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week)
• Possess the ability to obtain a U.S. Government clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Capable of self-direction and motivation, able break down high level tasks into manageable work portions
• Possess and maintain a U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Completed any of the following certifications: CompTIA Certifications in A+, Network+, and/or Security • Programming (classroom or work) experience, such as java, C++ and/or Python
• Have prior cyber security work experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology