Northrop Grumman Systems Integration Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Systems Integration Engineer
Requisition ID: 18002006
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a System Integration Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
• Minimum two (2) years integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
• Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware into the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to the drawing package, quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and all levels of testing in regard to the system.
• Experience terminating Cat 5 and creating fiber patch cables.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on lab environment.
• Candidate will be able to lift and carry at least 40 lbs as required to move equipment around the labs, and warehouse spaces.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with hardware devices and network components.
• Travel is required
• A Certification
• Network Certification
• Three (3) years experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
Education and Clearance:
BS Degree in a technical field or AA Degree and equivalent years of experience will be accepted in lieu of BS Degree.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18002006