Northrop Grumman Staff Network Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Level Network Engineer to support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to CANS/WANS/LANs/VLANs. The Network Engineer shall schedule and perform network maintenance, perform installation configuration and repairs, and support certification and accreditation activities. The Network Engineer shall support all LAN- based applications, routers, firewalls, VOIP and Ethernet technology; support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to CANS/WANS/LANs/VLANs; and support all LAN- based applications, routers, firewalls, VOIP and Ethernet technology. Additionally, the Network Engineer shall provide input to the design of network architectures, configure and maintain network diagrams and accreditations, and support certification and accreditation activities. The Network Engineer shall support mission architecture to include power distribution and support systems (HVAC/UPS) and integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance - at minimum, IAT Category, Level II. This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor's Degree in telecommunications, computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years' experience.
• Sixteen (16) years in the planning, design, development, implementation, and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Eight (8) years demonstrated experience providing and implementing network infrastructures and must have experience developing, operating, and managing networks (including protocols and troubleshooting) required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN-enabled environment.
• Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in network installation including high bandwidth data transfer.
• Four (4) years demonstrated experience designing and configuring CANS/WANS/LANS/VLANS.
• Eight (8) years demonstrated experience with network visualization tools (e.g., Visio).
• Six (6) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size network engineering activities.
• Requires DoD 8570 compliance - at minimum, IAT Category, Level II (Security+, etc...)
Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph Clearance is required.
• Experience with USCYBERCOM
• Four (4) years demonstrated experience designing and configuring classified networks.
• IAT Category, Level III (CISSP, etc...)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology