Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) - Polygraph in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Are you ready to leverage your security clearance, knowledge and technical experience in a new role?
Adversaries, cybercriminals and cyber terrorists, are working every hour of every day to develop new means to compromise networks, to seize valuable intellectual property and personal data, and to gain an advantage on the digital battlefield. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to see to it that they fail. Speed, stealth and precision - keys to controlling the physical domains of land, sea, air and space - are imperatives in controlling the cyber domain. Our talented employees make advances every day based on these imperatives and are committed to providing the most advanced protection for our customers against the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum. Our company is trusted with securing some of the most high-risk systems and continues to be the trusted provider of mission enabled solutions for the security or our nation and allies. This is without a doubt one of the most exciting times to join our team. So come join us and experience the value of performance.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking multiple Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSE) to support fast-paced cutting edge programs ensuring national security and defense. The positions are located in the Annapolis Junction, MD greater area.
This position represents immediate opportunities across multiple programs. Though each program has specific labor categories which must be met prior to placement, all candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related STEM discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
• 9+ years of experience with systems, software engineering in similar environments with a BS Degree. An MS Degree in a STEM discipline will qualify as 2 years of experience and a PhD will qualify as 5 years of experience.
• Strong knowledge of Systems Engineering for Platform or Embedded systems (SW/HW/SE design and implementation)
• Strong understanding of System Security Design and implementation
• Experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
• Demonstrably excellent writing skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports
• General knowledge of vulnerabilities in a system design utilizing system security engineering or the ability to identify potential solutions to protect mission critical functions and critical components
• Strong knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Security: Must be a US Citizen with Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 3+ years of Anti-Tamper experience and experience working with Government AT agencies
• Advanced degrees in Engineering, Software, or Science
• Leadership experience with development and/or production program execution
• Advanced proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
• Multi-disciplined knowledge in areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, software and firmware design, integration and test.
• At least 5 years' experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
• Experience creating system security designs
• At least 5 years' experience in System Certification & Accreditation (C&A), System Assessment & Authorization (SA&A), and/or System Validation and Verification (V&V)
• At least 5 years' experience
• TS/SCI w/Polygraph with prior SAP
• Experience verifying security requirements
• Experience in the areas of vulnerability and risk management.
• Strong technical skills with Linux and Windows operating systems to go along with an in-depth understanding of the RMF process.
• Security Certifications (Security+, CEH, CISSP, or equivalent)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering