Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer - TS/SCI w/poly required in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
The Sr. Principal Cyber System Engineer's roles and responsibilities may include:
• Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
• Develop system design solutions that satisfy the systems requirements and fulfill the functional analysis
• Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
• Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional systems engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Nine years systems engineering experience with programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
• Must have experience developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Active TS/SCI with poly clearance required.
• Experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale systems.
• Experience in developing technical documentation for issues and/or training.
• Experience using agile and/or spiral development models.
• Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
• Experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
• Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
• Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
• Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, back-up, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage and retrieval systems.
• Experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
• Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or HBase/Accumulo or BIG TABLE.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology