At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Sensing & Secure Solutions Operating Unit is actively seeking a talented Software developer to perform full stack / back end / UI software development. This position's work location is in Annapolis Junction Maryland and is part of the Mission Systems Sector within Northrop Grumman. The new team member will be providing software development in a scaled agile environment for a Northrop Grumman primed program. We are seeking a person who is capable of being responsible for full stack development, mentoring junior engineers, and demonstrating knowledge/experience of the latest Software Engineering techniques driving Software Development efforts. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
The job duties may include some of the following tasks:
• Analyze user requirement s to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
• Confer with system engineers and architects to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces • Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met • Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
A current and active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph through the MD customer is required.
Nine (9) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Experience with Scaled Agile Methodologies
Experience with Linux and Windows
Experience analyzing functional requirements and conducting research in order to develop test cases.
Experience as a Agile Team Product Owner or Scrum master
Experience developing/implementing test plans, test procedures, test reports.
Salary Range: $146,300 - $219,500
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.