Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 - TS/SCI w/poly clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager Programs Level 3 to support the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division. The Deputy Program Manager supports the Program Manager in directing all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program. Generally performs a more "internally focused" and "internally facing" role to compliment the Program Manager's primarily externally facing role. Ready to step in and act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Builds trust and effective working relationships up, down and across customer and Northrop Grumman organizations.
Works across technical and support organizational boundaries (E&S, Business Management, Global Supply Chain, Security, Operations, Mission Assurance, etc.) to ensure program requirements and objectives are being met. Drives for on-schedule, under-cost, high-quality deliverables and CDRLs. Fosters collaboration across programs and Enterprise/Sector COEs to create opportunities to improve program operations and to contribute to improved operations across the NG Enterprise.
Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas. Responsible for EVMS tracking and ensuring various program plans tie together (budget, expenditure plan, IMS, staffing plan, procurement plan, risk and opportunity management) and maintain alignment with agile execution plans.
Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
Develops and maintains plans to back-fill and transition key positions including PMO positions as required to ensure smooth program operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Leading and evaluating operational and tactical planning and execution activities along with daily team work assignments, financial support analyses, and other mission-driven imperatives to support the program
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Works closely with Business Management to perform EVMS for the program
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
• Engages and coordinates with GSC to manage completion-type subcontracts.
• Coordinates, gathers, analyzes and reports program status from business management, contracts, quality management, supply chain, and staffing
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Supports internal reporting and completion status from beginning to end consistent with program agile principles
• Develops and maintains program artifacts, processes, and procedures
• Supports the program relationships and communications with internal and external POCs and stakeholders
• Providing positive influence with respect to action and accountability for assigned roles
• Evaluating effectiveness of project area daily actions and systems; troubleshoot any potential and/or existing problems; work with appropriate individuals to put solutions into action
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Bachelors degree with 9 years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 7 years relevant experience.
• Experience collaboratively leading teams (project, program, campaign) or focused management roles.
• Experienced presentation, communications, and negotiating skills.
• Ability to lead people, define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Ability to obtain Agile and SCRUM familiarity
• TS/SCI w/poly clearance
• Professional management experience with background in Federal and/or Defense contracting.
• Demonstrated success in business development and program growth.
• Familiarity with business management, contracts, quality management, and supply chain concepts, processes and practices
• Able to discern and maintain confidential information; act with sensitivity and discretion.
• Analytical and visioning skills to support current and future operations and business growth.
• A Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management