Northrop Grumman Junior Site Reliability Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Junior Site Reliability Engineer
Requisition ID: 18003641
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Are you looking to work in a fast paced, high energy environment working with the latest and greatest, Crème de la Crème of Technology? If so, Northrop Grumman has the perfect opportunity for you. We are currently looking to hire Junior Level Site Reliability Engineers for a highly visible program working to secure the Mission.
The Site Reliability Engineer will augment an existing Operations team. Candidates for this position must have experience as a system administrator and a strong background in troubleshooting operational system issues as they arise. This position is focused on building and implementing monitoring tools in a DevOps type environment to increase the stability of various hardware instances associated with the customer’s various analytic hosting platforms. Minimally, the candidate should be skilled in Java.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Jr. Site Reliability Engineer will join a small team to provide software development and system administration support of a live production system. Regular duties include debugging software and developing quality fixes and enhancements, analyzing system behavior and providing stability and performance improvements.
• 2 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
• Experience in system engineering/architecture.
• Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
• Experience in the cleared environment.
• Demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux OS.
• Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
• Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
• Experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, etc.).
• Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
• Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• Experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
• Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into a services oriented environment.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to 4 years of experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to 6 years of experience.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Junior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18003641