Northrop Grumman Java Software Engineer 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Java Software Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18005559
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Java Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
• 10 years of experience as a Java developer
• Experience with AJAX Single Page Interface technologies such as Angular, Ember, EXT-JS, or JQuery
• Must be comfortable working Linux based environments
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Experience with Jira/Confluence suite
• Experience with Graph, NoSQL, or SQL databases
• Neo4j or MongoDM experience a plus
• Experience with Angular JS
• Experience with Git or other DVCS
• Spring (Spring Data, Spring Integration, Spring MVC), Apache Camel, OSGi
• Domain knowledge of the TUSCAN portfolio of capabilities is a plus
• Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting (sh, bash, perl, and other scripting tools/language)
• Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Java Software Engineer 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18005559