Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18006029
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Technical Lead of a development team that is modernizing one of the nation’s critical infrastructure components. The candidate will lead a team of systems, software, and integration engineers, provide thought leadership, and lead the team in architecting a system that will
– Modernize existing systems that order, generate, produce, and distribute cryptographic physical and electronic-compatible products
– Implement innovative IT and Automated Processes
– Enhance Operational Security
– Reduce Human Touch Points
– Improve Efficiency and Sustainability
High level tasks include creation of User Stories, analysis architectural options and IC specifications to research requirements, providing briefings and demonstrations, developing and/or reviewing technical documentation.
• Systems of Systems Architecture
• Automated Process Workflow
• Service Oriented Architecture
• Distributed processing in order to provide a highly available and highly reliable system
• Shall have requirements analysis and decomposition
• Shall have experience working in an Agile Systems/Software Development Environment
• Familiar with customer
• Knowledge of Active Cyber Defense techniques
• Familiar with NIST 800-53, DoDI 8500.1, and DoDI 8523.01
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional system administration experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18006029