Northrop Grumman Associate Cyber Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. Every day, we design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars. Our employees engage in questioning, problem solving, designing and building our way toward Defining Possible. Defining Possible tells the story of a company leading the way. It's an ethos that is future-driving and optimistic. It is a rallying cry and a uniting call. It is a shared purpose for our employees and a promise to our customers that we'll rise to any challenge.
If you are looking for a challenging and dynamic work environment with access to experts in virtually every field, culture that focuses on supporting employees and opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, Northrop is the right place for you.
At Northrop Grumman, you will have access to a wealth of training and mentoring resources to include: technical courses, certifications, bootcamps, tuition assistance, and specialized training programs tailored to meet the demands of our customers and advance your career. Northrop Grumman is a Top 50 Diversity Employer ranking #1 for veterans and people with disabilities in 2019 and also received the Gold Award for Military Friendly companies in 2020. For more information on the benefits of Northrop Grumman click on the links below:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Cyber Software Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction. Our software development teams support a wide range of systems and programs using DevOps and Agile best practices.
As a Cyber Software Engineer in a DevOps environment you will develop, maintain and enhance large Cloud based systems, create and support end-to-end automated CI/CD pipelines and use a variety of monitoring tools. Work may be done independently or as part of a team. Full Software Development Life Cycle and Agile best practices are followed with an emphasis on automated testing, detailed documentation and security compliance. Primary development will be in Java with additional skills needed as required.
Educational / Years of experience required:
• BS Degree in a STEM field is required.
• Experience with Java Programming
• Linux fundamentals and knowledge in at least one scripting language (e.g. bash, python, perl)
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Willingness to Support/Learn:
• High Level programming languages such as : C, C++, C#, R
• Experience with source code management practices and tools
• Enabling tools: Git, Maven, Jira
• Agile Development experience
• Microservices software development and container orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, etc
• Programming for distributed system to include experience in networking and multi-threading
• Apache Hadoop, Accumulo, NiFi
• Distributed databases such as: NoSQL, Mongo, Oracle
• Continuous Integration / Testing / Deployment: Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab CI/Pipelines
• Continuous Monitoring: ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash ,Kibana), Nagios
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology