Northrop Grumman Mid Backend Developer 3 in Alexandria, Virginia
Mid Backend Developer 3
Requisition ID: 18008876
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Alexandria
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel. This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop applications - in a Unix/Linux and Windows VM environment to ensure performance and data availability - using backend Java
• Apply required updates and patches, monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection
• Support the Agile process using SCRUM methodology and Jira
Some local travel to customer sites may be required.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years experience OR 3 Years with Masters.
• This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies: Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate; Oracle
• Database technologies and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic and Tomcat.
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE
• Experience with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
• Basic understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
• Ability to task manage and communicate effectively with project staff
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
• Experience coordinating the activities of multiple teams supporting project reviews
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
• Available for occasional off hours support
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 6 years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments
• Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
• Experience with MQ, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
• Experience with MySQL and Cassandra a plus
• Experience working with Spring Boot
• Experience with cloud technologies
• Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
• Prior experience with CBP
• Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) experience.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:• 6 years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments• Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.• Experience with MQ, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies• Experience with MySQL and Cassandra a plus• Experience working with Spring Boot• Experience with cloud technologies• Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo• Prior experience with CBP• Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) experience.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mid Backend Developer 3
Requisition ID: 18008876