Northrop Grumman Instructional Systems Designer / Part Time On Call / Secret in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Weare looking for an instructional systems designer to be part of the Northrop Grumman's Learning and Communications Solutions (LCS) team in a Part Tim/On Call status in Albuquerque, NM. LCS consists of a diverse talent pool of instructional designers, educational psychologists, software engineers, multimedia developers, user experience (UX) designers, artists, writers, and creative professionals that creates conceptual design solutions for training and information projects in digital media including immersive environments.
1. Creating and analyzing assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities, including pre-tests, post-tests, and quizzes.
2. Developing instructional materials and products for technology-based courses, including online, mobile, immersive and performance support.
3. Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
4. Developing a range of instructional materials, such as self-paced guides, case studies, job aids, and evaluations; scenario-based storyboards; and concepts for mobile learning using smart phones and tablets.
5. Designing and developing training materials and curricula to support program implementation across targeted audiences.
6. Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific training needs and develop solutions.
7. Creating and analyzing assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities, including pre-tests, post-tests, and quizzes.
1. Bachelor's degree in Communication, Education, Instructional Systems Design or Training & Development, or other relevant degreeand a minimum of 2 years of experience.
2. Knowledge of the creative application of the ADDIE model.
3.Knowledge of Learning Theory, Design Thinking, Prototyping Learning/Training Solutions.
4. Knowledge on how to integrate the best of ISD, current Learning Theory with Applied Research to solve Complex Learning and Performance Problems including User Experience and (UX) Design.
5. Developing instructor guides, student manuals, workbooks, and related materials.
6. Developing training that is delivered through digital media, including Web, Video, Mobile Devices.
7. Understanding LMS functionality (course publishing, enrollments).
8. Applying critical skills thinking when solving complex problems.
9. Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
1. Master's degree in Communication, Instructional Systems Design or Training & Development
2. Experienced with LMS functionality (course publishing, enrollments)
3. 4 or moreyears of experience in conducting train-the-trainer sessions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.